Don’t believe Halle Berry was homeless?
Birth Name: Maria Halle Berry
Birth Date: August 14, 1966
Birth Place: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Maria Halle Berry, better known as Halle Berry, is an American actress and film producer.
She was born on August 14, 1966, in Cleveland, Ohio, and grew up in the nearby suburb of Bedford.
Berry began her acting career in the 1980s and gained widespread recognition for her roles in films such as “Jungle Fever” (1991), “The Flintstones” (1994), and “X-Men” (2000).
Berry’s career has been marked by a number of accolades and accomplishments.
In 2002, she became the first African American woman to win an Academy Award for Best Actress, for her performance in “Monster’s Ball.”
She has also won a number of other awards throughout her career, including a Golden Globe Award and an Emmy Award.
In addition to her work as an actress, Berry is also known for her philanthropy and charitable work.
She has supported a number of causes, including education and children’s charities, and has served as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
Berry has been married three times and has two children.
She is known for her beauty and her talent as an actress and has a large and loyal fan base.
Despite some setbacks in her personal and professional life, Berry remains a popular and successful figure in Hollywood.
Fun facts about Halle Berry
- Miss Teen All American (1985) and Miss Ohio USA (1986).
- Is named after the grand old Halle Building in Cleveland, Ohio, which originally housed the Halle Brothers department store. The building is now an office building and the fictional setting for the Winfred-Louder department store on The Drew Carey Show (1995).
- In high school, she was a National Honor Society member, editor of the school paper, class president, and crowned prom queen.
- Is the first (and as of 2023 the only) woman of color to win the Academy Award for Best Actress.
- Was the first black American in the Miss World Competition. She did not win a prize but her dress did.
- Turned down the female lead in box-office disaster Gigli (2003), which birthed the relationship of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez.
- On 2/26/2005 she showed up in person to accept the Razzie Award for Worst Actress for her role as Catwoman (2004) and became the first actress to do so. Accepting the award, Berry smiled and said “Thank you and I hope to God I never see you guys again.”.
- Is an active participant with the Jenesse Center (for abused women and children) in Los Angeles.
- Can play the flute.